Saturday, July 26, 2008

Nutcracker #4: Some Good, Some Bad...




A couple of thoughts on these:
The groin kick at the top is probably one of the best staged example of a groin kick I've seen. Even though it appears set up, all the elements are there; extension, penetrating through the target, intent. Great shot.
--Now the second, apparantly from an Army manual is on the lame side. I hope this is not how they teach sentry elimination these days. I mean,come on-- it is going to make too much noise and there is no reason to think it will take the guy out. In fact, the more I think about this one the more it sucks. I don't think it would even rate in a "Red Team-Blue Team" drill, where nobody's supposed to get killed.
There now; look how we loose the whacky and fun aspects of groin kicks when we get all serious about it...

4 comments:

Sean C. Ledig said...

One of my instructors is a retired SEAL. I know for a fact that this is NOT how they dispatch sentries because he taught my 7-year-old son the proper way to do that.

You know, just in case he wants to get out of school early but the safety patrol is blocking him.(LOL).

Dojo Rat said...

Yeah, I kinda' figured that.
But watch out; the safety patrol usually has a Flag on a big stick...
D.R.

Anonymous said...

Loved the first photo though it takes a lot of skill that I still don't have

Dojo Rat said...

I wonder if that photo is out of a movie scene? It is very well staged, with all the people in the Cafe' watching from inside...