Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Deadliest Man Alive



The British newspaper "Telegraph" has featured a three-minute snip of Floyd Webbs documentary on John Keehan, aka "Count Dante". It's a great little preview with action shots and historical background on the outlandish and carismatic Karate master. I am really bummed there is no embed included in the video so I can post it here directly, but here is the headline and the link for the video:

Cinelan Documentaries: The deadliest man alive
John Keehan, aka Count Dante, was the “crown prince of death” - a respected karate master, voodoo priest and martial arts promoter made famous through comic book ads offering the secret of the Dim Mak Death Touch.
--Video Link Here

And here is the link to Floyd Webbs website, "Searching For Count Dante"

** And for people who are wondering who the hell "Count Dante" was, and why he is promenently featured at the top of the Dojo Rat Blog, Here is "Of Dante and Dojo Rats"...

6 comments:

Sean C. Ledig said...

Damn! I can't wait to see the whole movie!

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

Wow, John, I sure feel silly now. I had never head of "Count Dante" or John Keehan. But as I read your blog, watched the movie short, I realized the photo on your blogsite was him. The reason I feel silly is because I always thought that that photo was a joke. I thought it a still shot from an old Sat. Night Live episode or something because they look so goofy. Little did I know the man's reputation! Wow just goes to show you that looks can be deceiving, huh? I humbly apologize to the memory of count Dante...

Dojo Rat said...

Ha,ha,
No apology necessary. By many accounts, Dante was a jerk to some people, a great dude to others.
I grew up looking at his ads in comic books and of course it was an inspiration.
He was a character and a cad...

Ikigai said...

I also wasn't aware of Count Dante's history. Thanks for tuning me into this as I now have a better understanding of your blog.

Best,
Ikigai

shepoa said...

y3c79o2d78 r1j68o0o83 a5d16z6a68 e5f70d8u25 v7u50x7j87 d9s33r4i44

Anonymous said...

palm angels hoodie
chrome hearts
goyard online store
fear of god
westbrook shoes